Horncastles Health & Safety Reminders
We have had a great few months for Health and Safety across all our sites with minimal incidents reported. We really appreciate your efforts. Have a read of our top health and safety reminders for contractors while on site.
1. Sign in and out of site. Complete site induction on first visit.
2. Update the hazard board to cover any hazards associated with your work.
3. Complete the relevant task analysis for your task/s BEFORE commencing work.
4. If onsite for 5 days in a row complete a tool box talk at the start of this period. This applies to all builders, painters, cladding installers and bricklayers.
5. Wear the appropriate PPE for the task.
6. During winter, if you or your staff are ill be mindful of others contractors. If you are in there space, remember that it can be passed around very quickly, putting others off work.
7. Any dirt and mud being tracked onto the road, while it should not happen, MUST be cleaned up by the contractor responsible.
8. No headphones to be used on Horncastle Homes construction sites.
9. When working on multiple Horncastle sites ensure you are familiarized with the emergency evacuation plans and procedures.
10. If you see any unsafe acts or issues on any site, regardless if you are working in the area or not, raise the issue with the contractor causing the risk and the site manager. Safer sites are a responsibility of all on site.
11. Ensure coming into winter that all power leads are not submersed in water and appropriate RCD power boxes are in use.
12. With the Winter months fast approaching please make sure you and your team is equipped with the appropriate wet/cold weather gear and hi-viz clothing. Wearing a hi-viz shirt under a jacket does not meet Horncastle site requirements.